Matching varietal to terroir is essential to growing ultra-premium quality wine grapes. True to our mission, we farm two distinct properties to accomplish this. Click on the links below for the details of each vineyard.
Our vineyards are cultivated and farmed under the direction of Salvador Ramos who has been with the Jaeger Family for over 30 years. In a joint effort with Doug Hill & Oak Knoll Farming Company, we have developed a deep understanding of the relationship between the land and the fruit grown that only time can qualify.
• Oak Knoll Vineyard, 5100 Big Ranch Road, Napa, CA 94558 •
Our Oak Knoll Vineyard is located at 5100 Big Ranch Road in the Oak Knoll District of the Napa Valley.
MERLOT and CABERNET SAUVIGNON flourish here.
This vineyard is part of our original property. Located in "The Oak Knoll District of the Napa Valley", it is 66% Merlot and 34% Cabernet Sauvignon. This area is likened to the Pomerol area of Bordeaux and our results confirm it.
It was replanted in 2008, 2012, & 2014, is now beautifully mature, and is transitioning to a healthier vineyard. The soil is rich and well drained gravely loam; the Rootstock is mostly 101-14 for strength and resiliency; the Clone selections are diverse to provide complexity in flavor profiles.
The fruit exhibits a definite reflection of the earth from which it grows; rich and luscious, showing ripe berry, cherry and cassis flavors with the depth and complexity expected from one of the best Merlot growing regions in the world.
Create a new program for a vineyard designate or strengthen your existing Napa Valley Meritage, Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon programs.
- Block 2 – 3.33 acres - Merlot – Clone 181 on 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 5 – 7.19 acres – Merlot – Clone Raucedo on ½ 3309 Rootstock and ½ 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 6 – 6.68 acres – Cabernet Sauvignon – Clone 337 on ¼ 3309 Rootstock and ¾ 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 7A – 1.73 acres – Merlot – Clone 15 on 5BB Rootstock
- Block 7B – 7.52 acres – Merlot – Clone Raucedo on 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 7C – 10.97 acres – Merlot – Clone 181 on 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 8 – 14.87 acres – Cabernet Sauvignon – Clones 15, 337, and 8 on 5C Rootstock
- Block 9 – 19.59 acres – Merlot – Clone 3 on 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 10A – 5.59 acres – Merlot – Clone 3 on 5C Rootstock
- Block 10B – 10.11 acres – Merlot – Clone 181 on ¼ 5C Rootstock and ¾ 101-14 Rootstock
• Clarke Ranch Vineyard, 1250 Watson Lane, American Canyon, CA 94503 •
Our Clarke Ranch Vineyard is located at 1250 Watson Road in American Canyon.
CHARDONNAY, PINOT NOIR and Syrah thrive in the cool bay breezes.
Remember when you were a kid and you were trying to keep a secret but the sheepish grin on your face always gave you away? This vineyard gives our clients and us the same result.
This 80-acre ranch is a gem of a secret. Located in American Canyon, it is just outside of the Carneros region. The cooler, breezier climate and the rolling hills provide well-drained soils and the stress needed (to both the vines and the farming team) to get magical results. The growing time is slightly extended due to earlier bud-break in the spring and longer "hang-time" at harvest. The results are mature fruit flavors that stand out in a sea of wine grapes.
Marketers know the need for a point of distinction and that is exactly what you get from this tucked-away vineyard.
Don't wait long to inquire as there is usually a waiting list.
It is planted in 80% Chardonnay, 18% Pinot Noir.
- Block 1 – 31.89 acres - Chardonnay – Clone 76 on 101-14, 5BB, 5C, 110R and Schwartzman Rootstock
- Block 2P – 2.47 acres – Pinot Noir – Clone Pommard on 5C Rootstock
- Block 2S – 3.86 acres – Syrah – Clone 383 and 877 on 5C Rootstock
- Block 3 – 5.2 acres – Pinot Noir – Clone 32 on 1103-Paulson Rootstock
- Block 4 – 6.56 acres – Chardonnay – Clone Robert Young on 101-14 and 3309 Rootstock
- Block 5 – 6.81 acres – Chardonnay – Clone Robert Young on 101-14 and 110R Rootstock
- Block 6 – 3.98 acres – Chardonnay – Clone Robert Young on 110R Rootstock
- Block 8 – 2.59 acres – Chardonnay – Clone Wood on 101-14 Rootstock
- Block 9 – 2.29 acres – Chardonnay – Clone Wood on 1103-Paulson Rootstock